What we want:
A responsible Government would have acted to keep older Australians safe.
A responsible Government would have addressed the short-staffing facing older Australians every day.
The government must make sure aged care is run for quality care, not profit.
A care-time guarantee must give older Australians the safety, dignity and respect they deserve.
A care-time guarantee must:
- Be legally enforceable.
- Meet the quality care needs of older Australians.
- Give aged care workers enough time to care.
Jobs with time to care must give older Australians:
- Continuity of care , because continuity of care is essential for quality care.
- A secure workforce in which workers are not rushing from one job to the other.
- A secure workforce in which workers know they have enough hours to live on.
Quality care for older Australians means valuing the hard work and skills of aged care workers.
Quality care for older Australians means a well-trained workforce in which workers have the skills to do their work.
Aged care workers provide quality care and work above and beyond the call of duty.
It’s only fair their voices are given respect in the workplace.
Text Text abc