The United Workers Union is seeking a highly motivated Industrial Coordinator.
The role can be performed in either Sydney or Melbourne.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
- Build, lead and manage the work of multiple industrial officers, and coordinate the delivery of industrial or legal strategies.
- Liaise closely with organising coordinators and other portfolios within the union to identify opportunities to enhance member power through industrial and legal strategies.
- Initiate and run important and major employment and industrial cases for the union and its members before tribunals and courts.
- Lead major enterprise bargaining negotiations and ensure compliance with the legislative regime in all aspects of the bargaining process.
- Ensure the work contributes to achieving the Objects of the Union and assists with retaining union members, membership growth, member leadership and action and winning industry power.
- Other duties associated with ensuring a high standard is maintained to provide assistance to Union members.
- Drive forward the union values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The Coordinator – Industrial demonstrates:
- A passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieve the goals of the Union.
- Extensive relevant industrial and employment experience.
- Candidates with 5 + years of Post Admission Experience will be considered favourably, however that is not essential to apply.
- Ability to use legislation, awards and agreements to enforce member’s rights and entitlements.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of the Australian industrial relations environment.
- Experience in advocacy, preferably through the Fair Work Commission or relevant Courts.
- Leadership development, including motivating and educating others.
- Excellent communication, messaging and rapport building skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- An ability to participate in the unions political and social justice agenda.
To perform this job you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s licence; and
- Right of Entry Permits
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience.
- 16% superannuation.
- 6 weeks annual leave with an additional 25% leave loading.
For further information about the role, please contact Julie Korlevska on (02) 8204 7267.