Coles Laverton COVID-19 Update
ATTENTION ALL TEAM MEMBERS
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR UNION TEAM MEMBERS IS PARAMOUNT.
On Monday, July 22, Coles Laverton DC recorded its first positive COVID-19 test. Since then, a second case has been confirmed and the company is continuing to contact trace to identify any further cases. We want to let you know that these team members are self isolating at home for the next 14 days.
The company have already notified those who have come in close contact with the positive tested team members and they are self isolating at home for the next 14 days also.
The union has asked that Coles conduct mobile, on site testing of employees.
It is critical that we continue to follow all safe work practices that we have fought long and hard for over the last couple of months:
- Maintain social distancing through lunch rooms, foyers break areas, and while working inside the DC
- Continue to wipe down your MHE and equipment (headsets) at the start of shift and 5 mins before the end of your shift.
- Continue staggered breaks
- Sanitise as frequent as possible, wash hands regularly
- Wear gloves
- No physical contact in the workplace
- Safety walks will continue every shift to make sure its a safe workplace for all.
- The company have also confirmed that they will pay the affected team members who test positive to COVID 2 weeks special paid leave.
- The company has confirmed that anyone who has come in close contact with a positive covid case at work and is directed from coles to self isolate will also be paid.
We will keep members updated with any further information and what steps we will be taking next.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your delegate or your organiser, Julie Kamber on 0413 192 753.