An Insulting Offer
SDN are putting a proposed new EA out to vote. This disgraceful proposal shows a lack of respect to the staff who have kept SDN afloat during the pandemic.
CUTS TO PAID LUNCH BREAKS
SDN management have decided that now is the time to strip centre-based employees of their entitlement to paid lunch breaks!
This means you will have to work an extra 20-30 minutes per day to get the same pay!
Paid lunch breaks currently make up, on average, 3% of educator’s wages.
SDN BURYING THEIR HEAD IN THE SAND
- Pretending that under the roof ratios aren’t used at SDN. They are refusing to provide educators with enforceable rights to safe staffing.
- Refusing to meaningfully address the problem of educators not being able to take NCT.
- Refusing include better union rights to ensure that SDN act ethically & treat all staff with respect.
YOUR UNION HAVE FOUGHT BACK!
Management attempted to make cuts to your terms and conditions! Your union fought back on management’s attempts to:
- Make “sickness” an emergency that would allow an immediate roster change!
- Not pay overtime for mandatory training or professional development on weekends.
- Forcing everyone to always be available work from 6am to 7pm Monday to Friday.
- Not tell their starting and finishing times.
- Fought back an SDN attack on superannuation payments during Paid Parental Leave.
- Fought back on attacks to sick leave, and won an extra two days sick leave – for a total of 12 days per year.
WHAT IS SDN ACTUALLY OFFERING
- Pay-rises: Centre based employees will get 3% in 2021 (to offset the loss of paid meal breaks), 2.5% in 2022, 2023 and 2024. All other employees will get a 2.5% increase in 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024
- Additional NCT for Room leaders but not for all educators
- Five days domestic violence leave instead of the embarrassing two days that they currently offer to workers experiencing domestic violence
- An extra two weeks paid parental leave, only for those who have worked at SDN for more than four years
SDN WANT TO LOCK IN THESE TERRIBLE CONDITION FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF 4 YEARS.
YOU DESERVE BETTER.
VOTE NO TO AN AGREEMENT THAT MAKES CUTS TO YOUR RIGHTS.
Over the next five weeks SDN management will be out “consulting” with staff across NSW and ACT. At these consultations you can tell management that you want a fair pay-rise, no cuts to conditions, an end to under the roof ratios and an agreement that values the work you do.